ABOUT THIS PROPERTY
This internationally acclaimed, unique small lifestyle resort has now successfully completed stage one of its planned development and is already returning a healthy 10% on the asking price and ready for stage two .This is a unique opportunity in one of the world’s fastest growing tourism sectors (and destinations) .
The vendors need to move on for family reasons.
Environmentally conscious buyers with a hospitality gene will be excited!
Ikurangi Eco retreat has been described as…
“Intimate. Quiet, Warm. Romantic. Luxurious. Unpretentious. Visually stunning. Perfect
ENQUIRE ABOUT THIS PROPERTY
A LITTLE MORE ON MATAVERA
Matavera (traditionally known as Rangiatea) is the smallest of the five districts that make up the island of Rarotonga in the Cook Islands.
Matavera is located in the northeast of the island, to the east of the district of Avarua, (Avarua (meaning "Two Harbours" in Cook Islands Māori) is a town and district in the north of the island of Rarotonga, and is the national capital of the Cook Islands. and north of the district of Ngatangiia. (Ngatangiia is one of the five districts that make up the island of Rarotonga in the Cook Islands. It is located in the east of the island, to the south of the districts of Matavera and Avarua, and northeast of the district of Titikaveka)
Matavera is subdivided into 5 tapere (out of 54 for Rarotonga), listed from west to east:
Tupapa (Avarua District also has a Tapere named Tupapa)
Titama, Matavera, Vaenga, Pouara,
NB: A Tapere or Sub-District is a low level of traditional land subdivision on five of the Lower Cook Islands (Rarotonga, Mangaia, Aitutaki, Atiu, and Mauke), comparable to the ahupua'a of the main Hawaiian Islands. Among the populated raised islands, only Mitiaro is not subdivided into tapere. The remaining southern Cook Islands, Manuae, Palmerston and Takutea are atolls and/or uninhabited, and therefore not subject to this type of traditional subdivision. The atolls of the northern Cook Islands are subdivided into motu (populated atoll islets), instead.
A tapere is a subdivision of a district (the major island subdivision) or puna, which is headed by a district chiefs or Pava (in the case of the Island of Mangaia). A tapere is normally headed by a mataiapo (a chief of a major lineage) or ariki (a High Chief, the titular head of a tribe). It is occupied by the matakeinanga, the local group composed of the residential core of a major lineage, plus affines and other permissive members
Most of the tapere lands are subdivided among the minor lineages, each of which was headed by a rangatira or kōmono, or by the mataiapo himself.
Below that level, there is the uanga, the extended family, the residential core of which occupied a household
Historically, taperes were almost always wedge-shaped - the boundaries beginning at defined points on the outer reef and running inland to enclose an ever narrowing strip of land until converging at a point in or near the center of the island. By this type of delineation, any one tapere included every category of soil type and land surface of the island, from the typically mountainous interior, where forest products were collected, through fertile valleys where the major food crops were grown, across the rocky coastal strip of elevated fossil coral (makatea), out to the lagoon and fringing reef.
*Asking price NZD $995,000.00
* No of units 7 self contained - 4 top gauge luxury tropical safari tents and 3 traditional cottages + Office/Reception
* Swimming Pool Yes, lagoon style pool and sun lounging area
* Ample space for expansion with 3 more accommodation units planned
* Lush, level, 4,335 sq meter (over one acre) section
* Established tropical gardens and expansive lawns
* Solid and consistent working relationships with traditional and web based travel professionals and tourism promotors - world wide
* Amazing industry reputation (awards, reviews and international media recommendations)
* Social media accounts with high traffic and engagements resulting in on going occupancy increases
* Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence
* Enviable returnee guest rates
* Winner of many Air New Zealand, Tourism Awards 2016, 2017, 2018.
* The easily maintained buildings and grounds are in exceptional condition
* Nearby rental management / owner housing available to new owners
* An assured future, income and enviable lifestyle
* New owners of this property will enjoy residency and working rights in the Cook Islands.
MORE ON THESE FOLLOWING LINKS